Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mothers

Sitting here in the hospital while my mom is undergoing back surgery has given me some free time, well lots of free time. Time to think and time to write about what is on my mind. Ironically while my mom is in surgery, it is also my birth mother's birthday. I am going back and forth, wondering and worrying about both of them, all the while keeping my game face on, which I have gotten quite good at. Is mom doing okay with the surgery. Is the doctor going to come out any minute and say everything is fine? I haven't talked to my birth mother in almost a month. Is she doing okay? Is anyone celebrating with her? The knot in my stomach will not go away. It wasn't there this morning. Oh that's right, I had my game face on then. The dentist just called, I forgot my son's appointment this afternoon. Another blonde moment I guess. The receptionist seemed a bit irritated but frankly, I have more important things on my mind and his teeth can wait another week.

So today could be a day of double celebration any minute, knowing the mothers are okay, one 6 states away and one right behind the double doors. My heart says it will be.

No comments:

B4Gspringshopgirl468X60banner